Helping you succeed
Providing assessments, flexible training and consultancy for organisations, statuatory agencies, professionals and individuals.
IT Your Way offers a wide and flexible range of Assistive Technology services to people of all ages who have difficulty using standard computer equipment because of limiting conditions such as Upper Limb Disorder (ULD), Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI), Visual Impairment, Cerebral Palsy, MS, MND, or specific learning difficulty (Dyslexia) – to name but a few.
- 1-to-1 workstation assessments – office or home workers.
- 1-to-1 access assessments to overcome severe disability.
- Individual or group training.
- Consultancy (e.g. disability awareness at work, school, college, etc.).
- Presentations (Occupational Health, SENCOs, disability champions, etc).
- Advice on the most appropriate ergonomic hardware and software to suit individual requirements.
IT Your Way is particularly experienced in helping professionals in the workplace who are experiencing pain or difficulties when using the computer and those with severe physical and sensory disabilities. We have worked with many blue chip companies, law firms, Government departments, health services, public services, local education authorities, independent schools and private individuals.
- In-house Display Screen Equipment Risk Assessments – enabling companies to comply with the Health and Safety (DSE) Regulations 1992. Up to 10 assessments per day, including reports.
- Full technical/ergonomic workstation assessments. Up to two assessments per day, including comprehensive written reports.
- Home-workers’ technical/ergonomic assessments, including full reports.
- Individual computer access assessments for clients with vision impairment and/or severe physical disabilities e.g. MS, MND, Hemiplegia, spinal injury. Written reports can support funding applications.
- Speech Recognition (Dragon NS), macro writing for Dragon, Windows Speech Recognition
- Dyslexia support software (TextHelp Read & Write, ClaroRead, Co:Writer, PenFriend, Inspiration, SparkSpace)
- Vision impairment (Guide, BigShot, ZoomText, Lunar, Supernova, Jaws)
- Sensory Software (The Grid 2, Windbag)
- Crick Software (Clicker, ClozePro, Jigworks)
- Break Reminder software (RSIGuard, WorkPace)
- Hardware (adaptive alternatives to the standard keyboard and mouse such as joysticks, trackballs, foot mouse and switch access, eye gaze and laser pointing systems).
- Disability Awareness – learn how assistive technology can reduce risk of injury
- Find out how to reduce costs and maximise productivity whilst promoting accessibility and usability of systems
- Get technical advice for IT Support personnel when implementing “reasonable adjustments” in the workplace
- Take advantage of Ergonomics/Accessibility bespoke workshops
- Receive individual “mini” assessments (with short reports) for staff at risk of injury or those with identified issues at company address
- Try alternative hardware and software before committing to purchase
- Bespoke Training
- Hands-on group training at company address
- Demonstrations and explanation of the latest assistive hardware and software
If you cannot find what you are looking for here, please contact us on 020 8287 4835 to discuss finding a solution that will suit your circumstances.